Child Protection Policy
Drogheda Taekwon-do School
is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children and young people to practice Taekwon-do.
We do this by:
- Recognising that all children have the right to freedom from abuse
- Ensuring that all our staff and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse, and providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have.
- Appointing a Children's Officer who will take specific responsibility for child safety and act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies.
- Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the Children's Officer or the appropriate external authorities.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection Policy and activities each year at the Annual General Meeting.
Our Children's Officer is:
Mr. Tom Connor 5th Degree Black Belt, Head Instructor